Thursday 26 June 2014

One Hundred Proposals by Holly Martin


What They Say:

‘Is there really such a thing as a perfect proposal?
Over the next hundred days I intend to find out. I will find one hundred ways to propose to our Chief Proposer Suzie McKenzie and post the results here for your enjoyment. One thing’s for sure, not one of my proposals will be on top of the Eiffel Tower with a dozen red roses.’


Best friends Suzie and Harry are partners in romance. That is, they runthe.PerfectProposal.com, coming to the aid of would-be grooms to create the ultimate marriage proposal.


But when Harry decides to catapult the business into the big leagues with a PR stunt all Suzie can see is a hundred days of heartbreak stretching ahead of her. But however exotic the location, or breath-takingly romantic the setting, Suzie has to keep remembering that ‘Marry Me?’ is the one question she can’t say yes to.


This business proposal should come with one hundred broken heart warnings...


One hundred proposals, one hundred chances to say yes.

What I Say:


I would like to thank GGBookTours and Holly Martin for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

At the time of writing this, Holly was teasing us with the cover of the book and I can’t wait to see the cover.  All I can now say is this cover is perfect.

Suzie and Harry (OMG another Harry and is just as hot as the other one), anyway I digress.  Suzie and Harry run a marriage proposal business it is a bespoke service for someone wishing to propose.  Although Suzie and Harry aren’t together he comes up with a marketing ploy to find the best marriage proposal by proposing to Suzie One Hundred Different ways…

I don’t want to go into too much detail as that would spoil reading about the proposals, but I will say each is so very different from the other and they have plenty of mishaps along to the way.  Harry sets up a blog and this takes off in a thoroughly unexpected way, I really enjoyed the way Holly tied the blog into the story so we were also seeing things from Harry’s point of view with the blog.

I love the way Holly writes her characters as she slowly shows you’re their characters even their flaws.  I loved Harry he is incredibly sweet, but emotionally he holds back, we get to find out why later in the book.  Suzie I liked as well, still emotionally fragile from her brother Jack’s death, she really doesn’t realise how much she has been relying on Harry.  It’s only when they undertake their journey things begin to change.

Hollys book takes us around the world with the proposals, some are really romantic, some are quirky, some are disastrous and some are really cheesy, it really is a different take on a love story as Hollys other books seem to be.  I really loved the whole book, this is coming from someone who is not romantic at all, when I see couples kissing etc, my usual comment is get a room, this is what makes this book so special it really gets you into the romance of the story.  I love that Holly also mentions characters from other books Harrison from Waiting for Prince Harry by the lovely Aven Ellis, also Aven’s other book Connectivity sneaks in there.  Holly also incorporates the wonderful girls from GGBookTours.

I will honestly say that once you pick this book up you won’t want to put it down until you have read all 100 Proposals, I ended up having 2 late nights during the week but can say it was worth it.  I am counting down the days until Hollys next book is out the second book of Hollys Sentinel Series.

5 out of 5 stars

Jo xx


buy links;  http://amzn.to/1ouP9w0

No comments:

Post a Comment