Friday 4 July 2014

Books and Holidays Special Guest Post by Simona

Welcome to Comet Babes Books, Simona, can you tell us what you like about books and holidays?

I love the beach and the sea, put together with a great city to visit my holidays would be perfect.

Well almost, I need books as well. Especially when I’m enjoying the sun at on a deckchair in the sand. Or like on this picture here:

  
I could do this all day long: A book, the sun, the sea – just PERFECT!!!

A book is the best companion to bring. When I’m at the sea I love reading bubbly, summery romance or chick-lit books, likeThe Longest Holiday or Chasing Daisy by Paige Toon for example. These books take you into a whole different world and the beach is the perfect place to experience that. A drink in one hand and a book in the other hand, a wonderful way to relax.
During a city trip I always need a book to relax just before I go to sleep, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep.


My holidays in in the Italian part of Switzerland (Ascona and Locarno) actually brought me back to reading and I finally discovered the right genres for myself. I read One Perfect Summer by Paige Toon first and then started The Wish List by Jane Costello. I couldn’t put these books down, I loved them so much, both in their different and unique way. I read whenever I had the time and it also brought my into this amazing blogging world.

In earlier holidays I especially enjoyed reading Fantasy books like Twilight or Harry Potter. I kind of grew out of this genreand started reading Harry Potter fan fictions. I was so glad when the passion for reading returned, because I really missed it and it brought some nice memories and new friends.



If I’m shipwrecked on a 
desert island and could take only three books with me (doesn’t my kindle count anyway? ;)) I’d takeChasing Daisy or Baby Be Mine by Paige Toon, because she is such a talented writer and I adore these two books. Secondly, it has to be one of the two Aven Ellis books, either Connectivity or Waiting For Prince Harry. They’re both brilliant, Aven really knows how to create a passionate and emotional story. It would probably be Connectivity because the main male character William Cumberland is amazing and I cast him with Henry Cavill, my celebrity
 crush.





Last but not least, I’d take one of the Harry Potter, probablyThe Deathly Hallows.

Another thing I love during holidays is exploring places I read about in books. When I’m in London there is one place on every corner reminding me of a book, that’s so great. Some books also really made me want to travel places and see them with my own eyes. After readingLucy in the Sky and Pictures Of Lily I’d really love to travel Australia and especially see Sydney. In The Longest HolidayPaige Toon is talking about Key West, another place I’d really like to visit. I’ve been there already, but I was only two years old, so I don’t remember anything. Another area I’d really like to travel is California, after reading about LA and especially Big Sur in the Johnny Jefferson series by Paige Toon. AvenEllis introduced me to Chicago and Dallas and then there is New York (Lindsey Kelk), great cities with lots of possibilities to explore and experience. I could probably list many more books here, but that would definitely take too long.

BOOKS AND HOLIDAYS – TWO THINGS I LOVE – THE PERFECT COMBINATION

Twitter:
@skydreamersimi

Thank you for such a wonderful post.

Jo xx

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant post, ladies! Simona, I feel like jetting off on holiday after reading this. If only, eh? ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous :) haha yeah, I'd join you immediately xxx

      Delete
  2. Such great books! I loved One Perfect Summer, it's such a sweet story! I can't wait to read Aven Ellis's books now, you've moved them to the top of my list ;). I want to take some of those books on holiday with me as well...

    ReplyDelete