Tuesday 23 September 2014

Guest Post Book Boyfriend/Hot Men in Books by Jennifer Gilby Roberts

For my blogaversary I asked the question, Who is your Book Boyfriend/Hot Men in Books?  I have some great responses, today Jennifer Gilby Roberts talks about her Book Boyfriend.


For my book boyfriend, I'm picking Will Parker from Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer.



It is a historical romance set in Georgia, USA before and during World War II.  Possibly an odd choice, him having been in prison for killing a prostitute.  So, what's his appeal?

My mother's advice to me about men was to marry one who was good at DIY, because he'd save me a fortune. Now, I'm a homeowner and I have to tell you it was excellent advice. Shame I didn't follow it (though he doesn't do too badly).  What really appeals about Will Parker (apart from sharing his name with a character from the musical Oklahoma) is how hard and smart he works for the benefit of Elly.  He's also fiercely loyal and a good father.  Maybe not the ideal choice for a steamy fling, but you couldn't ask for a better husband.
I'm showing my age, aren't I?


Thank you!




Follow Jennifer on twitter @GilbyRoberts
And her website

No comments:

Post a Comment