Tuesday 30 September 2014

Guest Post Book Boyfriends/Hot Men in books by Kim Nash

For my blogaversary I asked the question, Who is your Book Boyfriend/Hot Men in Books? I have some great posts, today Kim Nash talks about her hot men.


When you asked me to talk about my favourite men in books, I struggled somewhat as for some unknown reason whenever I read a book, I manage to make the main character if he’s handsome and lovely look like either 

Alex O’Loughlin

 Idris Elba

 David Beckham

 
It also took me a very long time to write the post because I had to do a lot of research to find pictures that would be appropriate! *wink wink*.

However, when I read Sue Watson’s Love, Lies and Lemon Cake, earlier this summer, which has been one of my most favourite books of the year so far, while I know that Sue had her own views of what Dan should look like, he became my most favourite book man and immediately pictured him as the gorgeous Jessie Pavelka.  


When I was told by Oliver Rhodes at Bookou tire that in Sue’s original story, she was going to kill Dan off and they advised against it, I gasped really loud and shouted “NO!”   I was devastated!  He told me that it wasn’t real and that I needed to calm down and breathe once again! It took a while for my breathing to return to normal.  Can’t believe Sue was going to do this to the hero that lots of ladies have fallen in love with this summer!

As a character he was an Aussie, blonde, hunky, adventurous, had a lust for life and he could cook with his speciality being Lemon Cake!  What more could a girl ask for in a man!  

What these authors don’t realise is that give us single ladies a false sense of hope! I’ve been hanging round my local deli but I can assure you that the person who manages it looks as far from as you could possibly get!

You can buy Sue Watson’s Love, Lies and Lemon and read about Dan for yourself by clicking here. I’d love to hear if you think Jessie Pavelka fits the bill or if you think there’s someone more suitable.  I’m sure Sue Watson would too!

Kim Nash, Publicity Manager, Bookouture

Thank you so much Kim, when I read your post I said 'noooo' at the mention of Dan's death.



No comments:

Post a Comment