Thursday 11 September 2014

Interview with Billie Jones

Today I am thrilled to welcome author Billie Jones for a chat.



Hi Billie

Thank you for being interview by Comet Babe's Books today!

Can you tell us about Mexican Kimono?
Mexican Kimono is a fast-paced tongue-in-cheek story about a girl who has her priorities wrong. As a narrator for the story she’s not very trustworthy… Her life spirals out of control when she buys an expensive antique kimono at an auction. Will she solve the riddle of the curse before her life unravels one acrylic nail at a time?

Can you share with us who designs the gorgeous covers for you books? 
I have no idea! Some marketing genius at Carina UK. They do such a great job!

Who are your favourite writers?
John Green, Matthew Quick…plus a bazillion more!

What books did you read as a child? 
I read The Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley High and I was desperate to move to the US because they seemed to have so much more fun than we do here!

Your favourite book and why?
Gosh, there’s so many but I love A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry. It’s multi layered, and deep, and has such a powerful message. I sobbed for days after the ending, and I’ll never forget it.

Can you share a sneak peak at what you're working on at the moment?
For Billie next I think is something a little fantastic, a little wild…I love being able to write something completely crazy, and have fun with it, ie: Snake Typhoon, so once my other commitments are met, I’m hoping to dust off the cobwebs, and write another action/adventure parody.

What's the best/worst thing about social media?
The best thing is all the friends I’ve made, who actually I feel closer to than my 3D friends J Love them! The worst thing, I can lose an entire night of sleep by chatting away, God damn those time differences!

Have you ever heard a strange/different story that you thought would be great in a book?
Well, I guess the whole Sharknado thing had me intrigued. I mean… a what? A tornado full of sharks? Ridiculous! So of course when there was a call out for movie monster stories, it felt compelled… And to date, Snake Typhoon is one of my favourites because it’s so wacky.

If one of your books was made into a film/TV series, who would you like as the leading lady/man?
With Mexican Kimono I have always pictured Rebel Wilson in it. She’s this hilarious Australian actress and could nail the part perfectly. And her, umm, boyfriends would be Chris Hemsworth, because SWOON, and James Franco.

Tell us something about yourself that readers won’t know from reading your books or web page?
I am not a morning person. If I could sleep every day until lunchtime, I would.

Non book questions

Favourite holiday place?
Paris

Favourite food?
Is wine a food? OK green grapes. (Squished to make wine)

What kind of music do you listen to?
Mumford and Sons

Favourite film?
Hmmm, tough! Flying high…

Favourite Chocolate?
Dark!

Favourite drink?
White wine!

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

Jo xx


Follow on Twitter @bjoneswrites

Check out my review of MexicanKimono





No comments:

Post a Comment