Friday 12 September 2014

Interview with Portia MacIntosh

Today I have the pleasure of interviewing Portia MacIntosh, author of the hilarious Bad Bridesmaid.



Hi Portia

Welcome to Comet Babes Books

Can you tell us about the book Bad Bridesmaid?
Bad Bridesmaid tells the story of romcom writer Mia Valentina. It's not your typical wedding book though because Mia is a very reluctant bridesmaid. She's a sort of anti-hero, but the kind that you can't help but like - as soon as you realise why she has such a bad attitude towards weddings, you get where she's coming from. Mia gets called back to the UK to be a part of her little sister's wedding, but things don't exactly go to plan.

Can you share with us who designs the gorgeous covers for you books?
The wonderful Carina UK team present us with our covers - I absolutely love mine!

Bad Bridesmaids is slightly different from your previous books can you tell us why you decided to have a change? Ie not about the music industry
I only started writing books to tell my stories about my time touring with bands, but I soon learned that I loved writing novels. So, with my publishers wanting more books from me, I started writing about other things and loved it just as much.

Would you consider writing more books like Bad Bridesmaid?
Definitely! I'm working on more as we speak.

What's the best/worst thing about social media?
The best thing is that so many people can interact with you. The worst thing is that so many people can interact with you [laughs]. It's great for connecting with people and getting feedback. You're always going to find people who aren't very nice, but that's the same in all aspects of life.

Do you think Bloggers/reviewers help to sell your books?
Definitely! Book bloggers are great, spreading the word about how much they love your book.Even the stinky reviews intrigue people, it's all good.

If one of your books was made into a film/TV series, who would you like as the leading lady/man?
I was actually thinking about this the other day. I see Mia from Bad Bridesmaid as a sort of Billie Piper type - it's that sort of blonde, polished, stylish look. As for Leo, I think Hollyoaks actor Fabrizio Santino could play him well. Tall, dark and handsome. Tick, tick, tick.

Tell us something about yourself that readers won’t know from reading your books or web page?
I'm a huge nerd. It might have something to do with being around boys all day long, but I love sci-fi flicks and video games. I love silly TV shows like South Park and Family Guy - again, blaming the boys, but I've developed this really laddish, dirty sense of humour.

What's your favourite building and why?
What a great question! I love Harrods in London. I remember when they lit it up green for the 70th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz (one of my favourite flicks) I just stared at it in awe for the longest time. Beautiful and it makes me think of shopping. 

Who would you like to star in the film of your life?
That's a tough question! I'm only in my twenties, so it would have to be someone young to play me at the moment. Cara Delevingne would do a great job because she can pull off the rock chick look and she has epic eyebrows.

What was your best ever holiday and why?
Touring Europe was amazing! One day we had breakfast in France, lunch in Germany and dinner in Italy. Also, we got to swing by Disney Land before we went home, which was amazing.

Quick Fire!

Pets? I have little tiny doggies and I think they're people.

Clothes? I have a clothes shopping addiction. I currently dress like a Disney child actress who has grown up and gone off the rails.

Shoes? Again, I have lots of shoes. I even have special edition pairs that I refuse to wear because I love them too much.

Food? Chocoholic. 

Books? I can't get enough chick-lit.

Men? Henry Cavill. Perfect man. 

Thank you for answering my questions.

You're very welcome! I had fun answering :D xx

Jo xx


No comments:

Post a Comment