Friday 18 September 2015

Thank You Mum!


I found I couldn't let my blog birthday pass without a post.

This year has been one of the toughest of my life.

Earlier in the year I started working extra hours answering calls for the Out of Hours Emergency Doctors and as I already worked full time this seriously impeded my reading time and for a long time I thought about giving up blog blogging altogether.  I struggled on eventually deciding to cut down on posts and have a mini break in May/June.  I had a holiday planned for July and intended relaunch my blog after my holidays.

As some of you may know, while we were in Turkey my mum suffered a heart attack. The last week of our holiday became surreal as we would visit the hospital in a morning.  One person was allowed into intensive care to see my mum for five minutes and same again in the evening.  The rest of the time we had to make the most of our holiday for my nephew.

We came home and eventually managed to get my mum home but the prognosis wasn't good, my mum passed away on 26 July.

In the weeks that have followed my love of reading is what kept me going through the toughest of times and where did I get my love of reading from?  My mum, she always made sure we had books and she did the same for my nephew.

So what I want to say is thank you to my mum for giving me a love of something that has kept me going in my darkest hour. 

 I love you mum and miss you so much.

I want my blog to be your legacy and hope that if it only encourages one person to pick up a book as you did with with us then your memory will live on.



My mum.

I will say thank you for reading today and sorry I haven't had any big blog posts or giveaways as my head really isn't in the right place.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog birthday Jo. So sorry to hear about your mum. It must be so hard but I'm sure she would be very proud of you today. Well done xx 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to your Mum, Jo. I'm so happy she gave you the joy of reading-and now you will give it to others. Love you lady. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post and I'm glad you'll keep blogging. I'm sorry about your mum. I think it's great you will remember her like this. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Suze, she knew how much I loved blogging and it comes from her love of books. xx

      Delete
  4. You are a wonderful blogger, and I am so sorry to hear that this past year has contained so much grief for you. There are many ways people drown their sorrows...most of them dangerous or addictive. You are smart to keep yourself in books, and pour your heart into a supportive community that is better for having you in it, Jo. Happy blog birthdays, to one of my favorite book bloggers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and supporting my blog xx

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely post. It brought tears to my eyes. Love you hun. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma, I hope my mum is proud where ever she is xx

      Delete
  6. Such a poignant blog Jo and you dedicated perfectly to your lovely mum. Glad you have your books, authors, twitter friends and blogging to turn to. You are a much loved person with lots of friends, I'm glad to call myself one. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, feel so privileged to have made so many wonderful friends because of books xx

      Delete
  7. What a lovely way to mark your blogerversary. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum. I'm sure she would be so immensely proud of you. I hope your love of books continues and this blog inspires more people to read.
    Amanda.

    ReplyDelete