Tuesday 6 October 2015

Addicted to Sin: (Sinful Pleasures Book 1) by Monica James



Tell me your deepest, darkest secrets. I dare you. 

Addiction comes down to one simple, primitive concept. Desire. 

My name is Dr. Dixon Mathews, and I’m New York’s finest shrink. For $500 an hour, people tell me their darkest, most sinful secrets. 

My own addiction? Sex. A good f**k really is the best medicine. 

I might be certified in solving other people’s problems, but not mine – 

I know I’m a lost cause. I don’t do relationships. I don’t even do the same woman twice. 

But that’s all about to change, thanks to two entirely different women who awaken my deepest desires. 

Who will I choose? 

I know who I should choose, but I never said I was the hero of this story, or even the good guy. And besides, who wants to be good, when it feels so good being bad? 

My tale isn’t for the faint-hearted. If you’re game, strap yourself in and expect the unexpected. But don’t say I didn’t warn you… 



I would like to thank Bookouture for approving me to read this book on NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. 

When I saw the cover to this book I immediately downloaded this and couldn't wait to get started. 

The difference with this book is that is written predominately from the POV of the male lead Dixon Matthews, what can I say about Dixon he is so hot he's smokin', he really is to die for but Dixon isn't your typical lead he really is a bad boy and this is why I couldn't help falling in love him. Dixon doesn't give a f**k and doesn't care what everyone thinks of him or who he hurts up until meeting Meredith. 

The book is totally amazing and I found I was lost in Dixon's world, Monica's writing is fantastic and as it is the first book of hers I have read and I will be reading more. I found myself falling in love with both Dixon and his best friend Hunter, the scenes between them were exceptional and I would never have believe this they were written by a woman.

Monica had me open mouthed at some of things Dixon did and just when I thought he was going to become good, Monica turned everything on its head. I followed the ups and downs in Dixon's life avidly. 

When Dixon met Meredith, I was desperate for him to ditch his womanising ways especially the awful Juliette, but we all know men think with their trousers and not with their brains. Dixon is no excpetion to this, guess what?  I still love him anyway.  A few of the things in the book I did guess as I was reading but lots of other I didn't they would hit me in the face with a BAM.

Really looking forward to reading the next book in this series and I hope Monica decides to write Hunters story.




Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare and Emily Dickinson.

When she is not writing, Monica is busy running her own business, but she always finds a balance between the two. 

She enjoys writing honest, heartfelt and turbulent stories, hoping to leave an imprint on her readers, and her inspiration comes from every day life. She is an Amazon best selling author in the US, UK, Australia and Canada. 

Monica James resides in Melbourne, Australia with her wonderful family, and menagerie of animals.
She is slightly obsessed with cats, chucks and lip gloss, and secretly wishes she was a ninja on the weekends.

http://www.facebook.com/authormonicaj...

Twitter: @monicajames81

http://monicajamesbooks.blogspot.com.au 




No comments:

Post a Comment