Thursday 5 November 2015

The Boy at the Beach (Meet Cute) by Katey Lovell

The Boy at the Beech is book two in The Meet Cute series. It will be published by Harper Impulse on November 5, 2015.



I would like to thank Katey Lovell for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

When I read the first in the series of these books I loved it that much that I couldn't wait to read this story, but I wanted to savour these short delicious reads as much as possible.

In this one Katey had me dreaming of blue skies and meeting the man of my dreams on the beach (fantasy of mine since I watched Grease aged seven).  I loved how they had been speaking to each other before they met and that they were frightened that they wouldn't get on when they did.  The back story to this is great, but I would have preferred to have spent more time with them at the beach.  This is just me wanting to be in their shoes.

A lovely second story in the series and as with the first one I found myself wanting to know more about what happens now.  I do hope Katey decides to write longer versions of these some point in the future.  I love following a couple of on their journey to true love.









Katey Lovell is fanatical about words. An avid reader, writer and poet, she once auditioned for Countdown and still tapes the show every night. Getting the conundrum before the contestants is her ultimate thrill.

She love's love and strives to write feel-good romance that'll make you laugh and cry in equal measure.

Originally from South Wales, Katey now lives in Yorkshire with her husband and their seven year old son.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a series that I would enjoy. Great review, Jo!
    Lovely blog by the way. :)
    new GFC follower
    Jess @ Little Book Heaven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my review, hope you enjoy these books xx

      Delete