Monday 4 April 2016

Review - Ablaze (Indestructable Series Book 2) by Emma L Adams




Two years ago, the fiends invaded Earth. Two months ago, I joined the Pyros, a group of warriors with astonishing powers, to fight the monsters that destroyed our world. 

But then I found out they were keeping secrets from me. Jared, the sadistic scientist who betrayed them, has captured my ally, who’s linked to me through a blood-connection that’s slowly killing us both. To get him back, I have to leave my new friends and face the wilderness alone. But Jared’s not the only threat out there. The fiends are moving, forces stir on the other side of the divide, and if Jared’s plan succeeds, it’ll spell disaster for our world. 

And that’s if the dark transformation in my blood doesn’t kill me first. 

Ablaze is the heart-pounding sequel to Indestructible.

I would like to thank Author Emma Adams for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

When I saw Emma was asking reviews for this book I couldn't wait to dive back into this series after the heart pounding fast pace of the first book, I was dying to fall back into the is dystopian world and find out what had happened to Leah, Cas and the others.

This starts a few days after the last book ended and Leah is struggling to get to grips with everything she learned about herself and Earth in the first book.  Then she realises Cas has been captured by the evil Jared.

There are so many twist and turns in this book that I read it in two sittings (work got in the way of it being one sitting).  I just had to find out what happened, this is fast paced right from the very first chapter.  Although at times I did feel a sense of Deja Vu and felt some of the scenes could have been cut.

A brilliant second book in the series and again Emma blindsided me with parts of the plot that would sneak up with a bang.

Emma writes edgy urban fantasy and young adult novels, including the Changeling Chronicles, the Alliance series, the Darkworld series and the Indestructible trilogy. She lives in the middle of England, but dreams of exploring the Multiverse. When she's not immersed in her own fictional worlds, Emma works as a freelance editor and proofreader and reads an improbable number of books.

Visit http://www.emmaladams.com/ to find out more about Emma's books, or subscribe to her newsletter (smarturl.it/ELAnewsletter) to get a free Alliance short story and monthly updates on upcoming releases.



No comments:

Post a Comment