B-Side (Arielle Lockley Series Book 2.5) blurb:
"What do I honestly know about the music industry? I'm just another idiot with a dream who is naive enough to hope that I might be the next big star."
Etta Millhouse has always had big musical ambitions to match her big voice, but she's also got three very big problems - the addiction she won't admit to, her godmother's illness that she can no longer ignore, and her godmother's useless business partner (who she wishes she could ignore).
Keeping an eye on Arielle's poor business decisions is the last thing Etta wants to do when she's offered the chance to record a demo with a top producer. But, a promise is a promise, even if it has her reaching for another pick-me-up... And then another. And then one more.
When the secret she must keep for her godmother, Felicity, sends her drug habit spiralling out of control, can Etta battle her demons in time and make her dream happen? Or, will her music career be over before it's even begun?
B-Side sits between Lost (out now) and Found (out summer 2016) in the Arielle Lockley series - read Etta's version of events in this gritty Lost spin-off.
Amazon.co.uk link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01E8YYFFY
Amazon.com link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E8YYFFY
Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29542411-b-side
Title: My top five tips for aspiring authors
Whilst I might have five books under my belt - B-Side is my fourth book, and my fifth book, Found, will be out later this summer - I'm still learning with each book that I write. If I could go back though and talk to my younger self, here are the top five tips I'd share:
1. You're probably not going to become a #1 best seller with your début book, so you won't be able to give up your day job just yet. It's important that you make the most of your free time and write, write, write: The more you write, the better you will become; the better you become, the more chance you'll have of making your writing dreams happen!
2. Network, network, network! It doesn't have to be in person, though it's always lovely to put a real face to a name, but the rise of social media has made it easier than ever before to connect with authors, aspiring authors and book bloggers. Writing can be a lonely job, so it's important to have passionate people in your corner. Just remember though, this works both ways!
3. Stick to writing one book at a time. In the early stages of your first draft, you might find that your writer's block takes the form of you suddenly having a million other amazing ideas. This is, more often than not, trickery. You'll probably find that if you start writing one of these amazing new ideas that you'll reach, roughly, the same point and then have another million amazing ideas to tempt you, resulting in a lot of half-finished books. Keep at that one book until you finish it!
4. Every aspiring author (and author) needs to be a keen reader - if you love reading books, it's going to show in your writing. Make the time to catch up on the latest releases in your favourite genre, but also read other genres.
5. Finally, don't give up. Every author out there was rejected at one point or another, but the only reason they became a published author is because they kept at it. Take that rejection on the chin; one day you're going to be giggling at the publisher who turned down your book - the book which has just won you an award.
Good luck with your writing!
Elle Field writes romantic comedies, and is the author of the Arielle Lockley series and Geli Voyante's Hot or Not. She grew up in Yorkshire, then moved to Scotland to study International Relations and Social Anthropology at the University of St Andrews. Elle now lives in London with her boyfriend and their cat. She's a massive fan of sunshine, giraffes, The Killers, Audrey Hepburn movies, playing Scrabble and tea. Oh, and reading, of course!
You can buy Elle's books here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B00CHIC1GE
Visit her website: http://www.ellefield.co.uk
Follow her on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ellefie
Like her on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ellefieldauthor
To celebrate the publication of B-Side, I’m running a giveaway. Prizes are Amazon vouchers, a paperback set of the full Arielle Lockley series (Kept, Lost and B-Side), and a set of vinyl coasters.
Remember, you can also enter the giveaway! If you want to share the giveaway link on social media, it’s: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/share-code/ODJmMDYzMjJjNmU1ZGJiYzAzMDRmODY4NDM0YWE4OjU=
The giveaway begins May 17th and ends May 31st. Thank you! x