Saturday 19 September 2015

Interview with Ellen Faith








Hi Ellen

Thank your for coming on Comet Babes Books today!


Thank you for having me! I’ve been so excited to answer your questions and I apologise now if I go on a bit.

Can you share with us who designs the gorgeous covers for you books?
Ah, the wonderful Rebecca Berto from Berto Designs is the master behind my covers; she always seems to know what I want, even when I don’t. Just wait until you see my new cover, I swooned.

Can you tell us about your writing process?
Sometimes I can go for days just writing notes or a simple phrase that pops into my head for a certain character, or get lost on Pinterest looking for inspirational images. I wish I was one of those authors that could say I wrote every day but sadly I don’t always get the time. When I do though, I tend to just snuggle up on the sofa with my laptop, my iPad open at the side of me to look at images, notes etc and I blast it for at least an hour.

Do you have a support network for your writing?
I have my family who support me 100%, my fiancée thinks it’s a perfect way to use up all of the magic in my head; I’m never quite sure how to take that. Outside of my family, I have to say I have met the best group of people via Twitter and Facebook. A few of these new friends have become my go-to people and I would be lost without their help and encouragement at times.

What items are on your desk/where you write?
I’m not a super tidy person if I’m honest and when I write, I’m usually sat on the sofa taking over the whole thing with bottles of water, my iPad, phone, notebook and maybe a snack, depending on the time of day.

Have you ever heard a strange/different story that you thought would be great in a book?
If something ridiculous or unusual happens to me or I’m told about it, my first reaction is to write it down slyly so that I don’t forget it and then I can use it at a later date in a book!

One of the best stories I’ve heard though happened to a member of my family and I actually used it in Home for The Holidays. I’ve changed it ever so slightly so that if they do read it, they don’t kill me. All I’ll say is that the incident with the Christmas tree REALLY HAPPENED!

What do you like to do when you're not writing?
When I’m not writing I’m usually either working, reading or scouring Pinterest for recipe ideas. I’m alsoin the process of doing my CILEx course too which means that I can become a Legal Executive in a couple of years’ time so that’s really exciting for me.

Do you like it quiet when you're writing or do you need background noise?(music or TV)
I’m one of the few authors I know that needs absolute silence. I love music and it inspires a lot of my work, but once I’ve got into the zone I need to pause the track until I’ve got out what I need to.

If one of your books was made into a film/TV series, who would you like as the leading lady/man?
When I started writing The Story of Us, the only people I could ever visualize playing Lexi and Ryan were Una Healey and Adrian Grenier. I know Una is Irish, and not an actress but everything about her was just Lexi for me.

Can you tell us about a day in the life of Ellen Faith?
I work three days a week as a legal secretary but on the days I’m not at work, I usually spend time with my mum and at the moment wedding planning seems to be taking over my life.

I’m generally a boring person though if I’m honest, but I like to have peaceful days where I can just go to the supermarket, sit down for an hour or two reading and writing and then go see my grandparents. It’s what keeps me sane when I have manic days, knowing that I can spend down time with my family. I like my evenings to consist of episodes of The Big Bang Theory, New Girl and Honey Boo Boo too!

Non book questions


Favourite holiday place?

San Francisco without a doubt

Favourite food?
Pizza

What kind of music do you listen to?
I have really eclectic taste in music; I love everything from Dolly Parton to The Pretty Reckless with a bit of Katy Perry in between.

Favourite film?
The Little Mermaid or Despicable Me – I know, not very cool. If we’re going all grown up then I’d sayGone With The Wind.

Favourite Chocolate?
Does Nutella count? (Yes it does)

Favourite drink?
Currently the coconut and pineapple Volvic. UH-MAY-ZING.

Thank you for answering my questions!


Ellen lives in the wonderful county of Yorkshire, England where she spends most of her time baking, eating, baking, and eating. Occasionally she does leave the house to go to the cinema or do some food shopping though.

After spending years with an overactive imagination, she decided to put all the magic in her head to some good use and put finger to laptop where The Story of Us was born and became her debut novel.

She loves to travel, her favourite destinations so far have all been in America, hence the love of all things, and all people, American. The food rocks pretty hard too, she ate until her jeans begged her to stop whilst she was there. True fact.

Aside from day dreaming and eating, Ellen is a sucker for a lolcat, penguins and monkeys - she has never claimed to be normal.





No comments:

Post a Comment