Wednesday 6 August 2014

The Passionate Love of a Rake by Jane Lark


What They Say:

The only woman who had power over notorious rake Robert Marlow was now walking away from him, again.

He'd heard Sutton had died, and known Jane was free, but he'd always thought his desire would only be for revenge, not her. Yet here he was, unable to deny what he felt for her…what he’d never felt for any other woman before…

What I Say:

I would like to thank Jane Lark for sending me a copy of this in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I am now totally addicted to these books, the hero’s as in Roberts case are great characters.  I have got to say that he is one of my favourite characters in all of these books he is definitely a rake but a rake with a great sense of humour.

In this book we get to find out more about Robert and why he left England all those years ago, leaving his brother Edward to cope with a whole host of things.

We also meet Jane the only woman that Robert has ever loved, unfortunately Jane had married someone else and broke Robert’s heart.  As we discover though the marriage was not as cut and dried as Robert had believed.   Jane is captured in a situation she has no control of and at every turn Robert doesn’t want to believe the best in her.

With both Robert and Jane pulling together but also pulling apart the book has loads of twists and turns.  As I said before Robert is the most gorgeous of rakes and Jane is sweet but also has an inner strength.

Again the author paints a picture of the aristocratic society and its manipulations, the good and the bad.

I will be at a loss when I have read them all, I certainly won’t be able to wait until Jane writes her next book.

5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment