Thursday 3 September 2015

Jo's Review - Confessions of a Virgin Sex Columnist by Kay Marie


What They Say:

Two hot guys. One big lie. What's a virgin sex columnist to do?

My name is Skylar Quinn. I just moved to New York with my best friend Bridget, and I have a confession. Well, more than one. Okay, quite a few really. Fine, here goes!

Confession #1: I'm a sex columnist. Hold on, that's not really the confession. You see, I'm sort of a virgin...sex columnist.

Confession #2: I'm kind of in love with Bridget's older brother, Oliver. No, I was. No, I am. Wait, was? Am? Crap.

Confession #3: I've been avoiding Oliver for four years. Or I was until today, because he just moved in. Yes, you read that correctly. He's my new roommate. So that night we've both been pretending never happened, well, we might not be able to keep it a secret any longer.

And trust me, this is only the beginning.

What I Say:

I would like to thank the publisher for approving me to read the book on NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

The book opens when Skye is dashing back to her apartment to tell her flat ate about her new job as a sex columnist, the only problem being Skye is inexperienced.  Skye thinks she is talking to Bridget but it turns out to be her brother, cue the first embarrassing scene in the book and this sets the tone.

I loved Kay's writing and it really went along at a great pace as we followed Skye's dating adventures.

I loved Skye's madcap flatmate Bridget and who couldn't help but love Ollie.  I loved following Skye's adventures even when she started dating her work colleagues brother that didn't go down well with Blythe or Ollie.

Would Skye be outted as a virgin? Would she make it up with Ollie? These were the questions I kept asking myself as I was reading.  Looking forward to book two to find out what Sky gets up to next.





1 comment:

  1. Ha! What an absurd premise, and how easily I can imagine it happening. It reminds me of trying to write my first sex scene for a novel...it's nervewracking when you don't have any experience, but then you realize you can pretty much regurgitate what other people have told you and what makes sense...lol. Neat premise, and great to hear that Kay's writing is strong enough to do it justice.

    ReplyDelete