Wednesday 1 October 2014

Guest Post Book Boyfriends/Hot Men in books by Tay Pickering

For my blogaversary I asked the question, Who is your Book Boyfriend/Hot Men in Books? I have some great posts, today Tay talks about her book boyfriends.



Hey everyone I want to say a huge thank you to Jo for letting me do this guest post for her wonderful blog. I’m Tay from chicksthatread.com & I am a book boyfriend floozy so the subject of this post is fun but difficult one for me. Just too much choice!

So the subject is favorite hot men in a book”. Now I don’t have one man, god no, I probably have hundreds, from alpha wolves, to vampires, to cowboys to dream boat bad boys as I said I’m a book boyfriend floozy and I really don’t care. So what makes a fictional character end up being the next love of my life? Well a lot of things. Firstly flaws, got to love a man who has issues, from arrogance to narcissism fictional men need something about them to become memorable. Sometimes just being an asshole who is deep down a good guy does the trick. So let me tell you a few of my favorite men I have come across.




I recently jumped on the Lux bandwagon and read Obsidian, by Jennifer L. Armentrout and yes I fell for the teenage alien, Daemon, the sarcasm, his arrogance oh he was a little charmer alright and super fun to read. I have just bought Onyx which is the second book in the series so I know I will be swooning again very soon.



Next up how can I not mention Oliver from Joanna Bolouri’sThe List. Good god I love this man, he was the sexy, best friend of leading lady Phoebe Henderson, with a smart mouth, hands that knew exactly what to touch and when, he was one class act, and I also have a girl crush on Phoebe Henderson but that’s for another day.



Okay next Bennett Ryan from Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren. This is quite simply one of the sexiest reads you will come across but not only is this book sexy, it’s witty and smart. Believe me it’s no bimbo it’s the full package! Bennett was the flash, intelligent business man that was the ultimate asshole but who doesn’t love the bad boy that goes good.



Finally Madoc from Penelope Douglas’s Rival. This book is one of my favorite reads of the year. Honestly I don’t shut up about it. Madoc is GAH! He is just a little bit perfect, smart, and young and has one fine pair of fictional abs, he kept me interested and sighing for the entire book. His devotion and loyalty way the things that captured me. Rival is sexy, fresh and undeniably enjoyable.  

So I am going to shut up now, again huge thank you to Jo and I hope everyone enjoys themselves with their own book boyfriends today!

Lots of booky love

Tay

xoxo


Thanks for your great post Tay!

You can find Tay on Twitter @chicksthatread


No comments:

Post a Comment