Wednesday 23 March 2016

Review Wicked Dix by Monica James





WICKED DIX by Monica James
Book 2 in A HARD LOVE ROMANCE
Genre: Erotica
Publisher: Bookouture
Release date : March 24th 2016

Links : US: http://amzn.to/21BZDJ2



I’ve always been a bad boy, with a very wicked reputation.

But then I met Madison – sweet, vulnerable, innocent Madison. She makes me feel as if there is hope for me. As if I could be a good man. I need her more than I need air to breathe.

There’s just one problem: Juliet. She’s a temptress who won’t take no for an answer. If I resist her, she’ll use our dirty secret to ruin everything with Madison.

I don’t want to lose Madison, but can I really change?

This is my chance to prove that I can. But it’s going to be one hell of a ride.

Are you ready?




JO


I would like to thank Bookouture for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

If you follow my blog/Twitter or Facebook you will know I have been raving about Monica James's Addicted to Sin (now renamed Dirty Dix) for months, when I heard this was on NetGalley I couldn't wait to fall in love with Dixon all over again.

Monica picked up the story right after the first one so I felt I had never been away.  I have to say I was even more in love with Dixon than I was in the first book.  He is smoking hot as ever and just as bad.  I couldn't help by love him even though at times I wanted to shout at him for the decisions he was making, the frustration is all part of the story.  Again Monica wrote the majority of the book from Dixon's POV, with parts of the story told from Madisons POV and personally I think it's what makes these books even more delicious.

Yes, Dixon is a bad boy, is he a reformed character hell, no, but a lot of what he does he thinks he is doing for the right reasons, he just does them in the wrong way.

I still hated Juliet and still do now, although I did feel sorry for her in parts, what she did is inexcusable and the depth to this story makes it so much more than most other erotic novels, I became totally immersed in Dixon and Madisons story.  By the end, I was so annoyed with Monica for the emotional journey she put me through.

Again one of my favourite characters is Hunter and I keep begging Monica for his story.  I also hope we get another Dixon book, because after all he is panty wetting hot and my ovaries literally exploded with him.

He so sexy and hot that I would have trouble saying no to him, even knowing how much of a bad boy he is.  His hotness sizzles off every page and he is my number one bad boy book boyfriend.



Sarah 

Just as delicious as the first!  Having read the first book I couldn’t wait to read this one and I was not disappointed.  I now hope there will be another book and I can not wait to read it!


Once again I was captivated and drawn straight into this book.  It followed on brilliantly from the first one without droning on or been repetitive.  I did not want it to end and found myself trying to distract and do other things other than read just so it didn’t.  


It built on what had happened in the first book and still managed to enable me to have a deeper connection with the characters there were times when I was frustrated by what Dixon was doing and willing him to do the right thing.  While sometimes I think he wasn’t meant to be liked and did the wrong thing there was just no way you couldn’t just love him and dislike him.


I loved the whole story it showed the ups and downs in a relationship and what I imagine more people go through than they realise.  I got out of a long-term relationship last year and this book has helped me actually realise what I want from my next relationship and how easy it is to give up on them sometimes when actually they may be worth fighting for.  I love the connection you get with the characters without even trying to build one.  You know who you like and who you don’t and you can’t necessarily work out how it is going to end.


I really hope there is a book 3 in this series and I can not wait to read more from Monica even if it isn’t in this series as these 2 stories are absolutely fabulous and I know anything else she writes will be just as amazing.  Pretty please for a book 3 Monica I need more Dixon!  (As will anyone else that reads them! Lol)



Seriously sexy and totally addictive, Wicked Dix is the second in the Hard Love Romance series. Find out how it all began…Dirty Dix OUT NOW.

Book 1: DIRTY DIX #1 BEST SELLER in CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE





Read what everyone is saying about Dirty Dix:

'This book. This book knocked me on my butt, it twisted me up in knots and consumed me until the end. Just be warned, it is not your typical romance. It's a wild ride with a naughty, naughty man.' Kendall Ryan

'THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD! I fell hard for Dixon…I would give it more than 5 stars if I had them.’ Wicked Good Reads

'Wickedly sexy, provocative and daring with the right dose of the quintessential bad boy...' Heidi McLaughlin

'Monica James is a master of story telling that holds you captive with memorable story lines, intriguing characters, steamy scenes and unexpected twists and turns. You will devour every word she offers. I am officially addicted to Dixon Mathews.' Rachel Brookes

'A captivating, witty, and sexy read. Monica James has written an intoxicating novel that will leave you on the edge of your seat and thirsting for more when it's all over.' Justine Elvira

'Monica James has created another character that I couldn’t get enough of. Dr Dixon Mathews’ kept me addicted until the very last page.' Lisa Edward

'I am addicted to three things: carbs, books, and Monica James. I devoured this!' CJ Roberts








No comments:

Post a Comment