Friday 4 March 2016

Review - Don't Turn Around by Caroline Mitchell



Soon he would be able to touch her, to feel the warmth of her blood. And when the time came, nothing would stop him. 

As D.C. Jennifer Knight investigates a routine stabbing in the quiet town of Haven, she is shocked at what seems like a personal message from beyond the grave. 

When more bodies are found, Jennifer is convinced the killings are somehow linked. What she discovers is more chilling than she could possibly imagine. The murders mirror those of the notorious Grim Reaper – from over twenty years ago. A killer her mother helped convict. 

Jennifer can no longer ignore the personal connection. Is there a copycat killer at work? Was the wrong man convicted? Or is there something more sinister at play … 

With her mother’s terrifying legacy spiralling out of control, Jennifer must look into her own dark past in a fight not only to stop a killer – but to save herself and those she loves. 

A heart-stopping supernatural thriller to engross fans of Rachel Abbott, Paul Finch and James Oswald.

This is not my usual genre to read but I had heard lots of good things before I read it.

I enjoyed the book and can not wait to read the next book but I struggled to get into it to start with.  I think it was because it wasn’t my usual genre and I found it hard to keep up with all the different characters to start with. 

Once I did get into it though I couldn’t put it down and managed to read it in 2 days after the first few chapters.  I love all things paranormal and this had me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen.

I tried to guess who I thought the ‘entity’ was and while I managed to it wasn’t until the story had almost given me the answer.  It wasn’t totally predictable and when I finally got in to the book I didn’t want to put it down. 

It was a very good debut and I am looking forward to reading more by Caroline, I highly recommend both the book and author.



Originally from Ireland, Caroline lives with her husband, four children and two dogs in a pretty village on the coast of Essex. Her crime thriller series, featuring DC Jennifer Knight reached the number one position in the Amazon crime charts. These edge of your seat crime thrillers are infused by Caroline's personal experiences in both the police and the paranormal. To find out more please subscribe at www.caroline-writes.com



No comments:

Post a Comment